Posted by Mina Samy
- API Level: 9.
- The Dalvik VM introduces a new concurrent garbage collector that produces a smoother and faster performance.
- Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) based VoIP API to build telephony applications.
- Near Field Communication (NFC) API.
- New Sensors: Gyroscope (for measuring orientation), barometer (for measuring atmospheric pressure), sensors for gravity and acceleration.
- Support for multiple cameras: the camera API can detect multiple cameras in the device and add new capabilites for shooting such as managing focus.
- Usage of third-party video drivers: improves the performance of OpenGL ES.
- Audio Effects: new audio effects such as bass boost, reverb and equalization.
- New Downlaod Manager: handles downloading files in the background.
- Strict Mode: helps developers to optimize their code by detecting disk or network usage that could degrade the performance of the application.